Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Guest Speaker
Today we had a guest speaker in our Internet for Educators class. His name was John Evans. He talked to us about many aspects of using technology in the class. Things such as blogs, wikis, social networking, and so much more. This was a great presentation because he explained all this material to us in a way we can understand, how to do it, gave us sites to use and had a good sense of humor which is always a good thing with a guest speaker. The wiki he presented gave us the opportunity to share information with other teachers throughout Manitoba.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree. John Evans was an awesome guest speaker. He is incredibly knowledgeable in PLN's and literacy with ICT. I would highly recommend him as a person to follow. He is full of up-to-date ideas and information. As a newb to PLN's he will be a huge help for me. By following John I can also see who he follows, and build a strong network from there. If anyone is looking for John you can find him on his personal wiki at http://joevans.pbworks.com/
ReplyDeleteWhat John had to share with us was very useful. I hope to check out his blog's and some of the things he showed us. It was interesting to know that he was given a pioneer award for "spreading the word" about ICT, or something like that. I think it was for Diigo.
ReplyDelete