Saturday, February 27, 2010
ICT Presentation
I thought this was a pretty cool presentation to wrap up the class. The 2 guys had lots of neat information for us to use in a class. I think its scary how advanced we are becomign technologically but thats a part of life. It will be cool to see what will happen to us as teachers and when we are ready to retire in terms of what students can do with technology. I am a little aprehensive about using cell phones in class. Im glad the technology is avaliable but I dont think I would use it in my class. I think with the ways things are with cell phones that it will get some flack from parents and certain administrators. I agree with the fact that we have to teach students about the future rather then the today. They are the future and becoming more advanced then we can imagine so we have to keep up to date and focus on their skills and get them ready for their own lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that ideally it would be great to make use of all the technology you possible could in your classroom. I think that there are some great uses of cell phones for specific purposes. For example you can use them to take pictures during a science experiment, or you could set up a poll where the students can text their response. However I think that the use of cell phones has to be restricted for specific purposes, otherwise it is far too easy for the students to become distracted with texts from friends.
ReplyDelete